MagtiCom, Ltd was set up on February 12, 1996 as an operator of mobile communications and commenced its commercial activities in September 1997.
MagtiCom is owned by the USA companies:
International Telcell Cellular LLC and Telcell Wireless LLC.
Magticom's subsidiary is DeltaComm LTD.
- 2021Best in Test - Certificate
On February 12, 2021, umlaut, the global consultancy company recognizes Magticom network as the “Best in Test” in Georgia.
- 2020Magti logo redisign
2020, on September 22 Magti logo has been changed.
- 2020Testing the 5th generation technology
On August 13th 2020, MagtiCom has started testing the 5th generation technology.
- 2019eSIM by Magti
From August 1st, 2019, newest technologies in Georgia for the first time – eSIM by Magti!
- 2019Magti TV Play
Magti TV Play – TV in your smart phone - March 18, 2019.
- 2018VoLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) technology
2018, May 2- First in the telecommunications market of Georgia, MagtiCom launched VoLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) technology.
- 2016Purchasing the 100% share of Deltacom
On November 21, 2016 MagtiCom and Deltacom have signed the Contract of purchasing the 100% share of Deltacom.
- 2016Fiber-optic Internet, Internet Television (IPTV),fixed telephony and hosting services.
On August 1, 2016 MagtiCom has Launched fiber-optic Internet, Internet Television (IPTV),fixed telephony and hosting services of Caucasus Online.
- 20164.5G LTE-Advanced cell
On May 31, 2016 Magticom has launched 4.5G LTE-Advanced cell for the first time in Georgia.
- 2016Agreement on Sale of Independent Business Unit has been signed by and between MagtiCom, Ltd. and Caucasus Online LLC
On May 30, 2016 Agreement on Sale of Independent Business Unit has been signed by and between MagtiCom, Ltd. and Caucasus Online LLC.
- 20154G/LTE cell
On February 1, 2015 Magticom has launched 4G/LTE cell.
- 2013Magti Hit, Magti Kino and Chveni Magti
In December 2013 MagtiCom started to offer 3 new movie channels of its own production dubbed in Georgian language: Magti Hit, Magti Kino and Chveni Magti which became the basis for MagtiCom’s becoming a broadcaster in parallel with its being a satellite operator.
In January 2012 MagtiSat, the first operator of satellite broadcasting, was launched to provide the top-quality TV broadcasting to any place of the country.
- 20063G services
In 2006, as a result of arranging the 3G network, the 3G services such as video call, mobile TV and high-speed internet were launched.
- 2001First GPRS call
In 2001the first GPRS call was made as a result of the construction of the GPRS network.
- 1997First commercial call
On September 22, 1997 the first commercial call was made from MagtiCom network.
MagtiCom is the first operator in Georgia that offers complete set of telecommunication services using all the technologies in existence.
- 2 types of internet - mobile and fiber-optic;
- 2 types of televisions – satellite and IPTV;
- 2 Types of fixed telephony– wireless and wire;
- Mobile telephony - including all the milestones of development of mobile telecommunications, such as 2G, 3G, 4G and 4.5G networks.
Technological innovations, world-standard services and customer satisfaction are the invariable preferences of MagtiCom.
Charity and corporative social responsibility are the higher-priority trends among the paramount values of the Company.
“We Do It For Georgia” is the slogan under which MagtiCom implemented hundreds of projects in support of Georgian culture, art and education.
MagtiCom, the biggest company operating in Georgia, is still unchallenged with respect to its unprecedented contribution to the economy of the country.
According to the position of April 30, 2021, the Company has contributed more than two billion (2.072.928.701) lari to the economy of Georgia.